In case of an IRS audit, they will look for a few things: 1. the distribution was used to pay for or reimburse you for a qualified expense. 2, you didn’t get reimbursed for that same expense from somewhere else. 3. the expense was not part of an itemized deduction on any tax return. With Lively, we make maintaining receipts easy.
Articles in this section
- What is an HSA?
- How Does an HSA Work?
- What are the benefits of an HSA?
- What are the requirements of an HSA? Am I eligible?
- What designates a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan?
- Do I have to get an HSA if I am on a High Deductible Health Plan?
- How does money get into my HSA account?
- How can I get an HSA?
- If I have a family, can I still have an HSA?
- Can I have a joint-HSA with my spouse?