Even if you were able to successfully complete a transaction with your FSA debit card, you may still need to provide additional information to substantiate your claim. This will vary by the type of provider or merchant, and the eligible expense purchased.
Articles in this section
- How do I add or manage dependents for my FSA?
- Why was my FSA claim denied?
- How long does it take for my FSA claims to be processed?
- What documents do I need to submit FSA claims for reimbursement?
- How do I submit FSA claims for reimbursement?
- Why was my FSA debit card declined?
- Why did I receive a request for information after a FSA debit card purchase?
- What if I used my FSA debit card for an ineligible purchase?
- How do I report my FSA debit card as stolen or lost?
- How do I order FSA debit cards for my dependents?