Once an employee leaves a job, any unused FSA funds will be returned to the employer. Make sure to submit all final receipts and qualified expenses and spend all remaining funds before your last day. Some employers offer additional time to submit any outstanding FSA eligible expenses, check with your HR professional.
Articles in this section
- What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
- How much can I contribute to an FSA?
- What can I use my FSA funds for?
- How is my FSA funded?
- What does it mean to substantiate an expense?
- What are employer FSA substantiation requirements?
- How can I make sure my FSA expense is not declined?
- How can I use my FSA for Qualified Expenses?
- Is an FSA tax-free?
- Who can enroll in an FSA?