Employees won’t face any IRS penalties for non-eligible expenses. However, employers are responsible for ensuring that all FSA funds are used for eligible expenses, your debit card will be limited to eligible expenses and all reimbursements will be reviewed to ensure compliance. Double check with your employer if you have any questions.Updated:
Other articles in this section:
- How do I submit a claim for more than my available DCFSA balance?
- Why was my FSA claim denied?
- How long does it take for my FSA claims to be processed?
- What documents do I need to submit FSA claims for reimbursement?
- What happens if I use my FSA for non-eligible items?
- How can I use my FSA for Qualified Expenses?
- What does it mean to substantiate an expense?
- What can I use my FSA funds for?