Employees won’t face any IRS penalties for non-eligible expenses. However, employers are responsible for ensuring that all FSA funds are used for eligible expenses, your debit card will be limited to eligible expenses and all reimbursements will be reviewed to ensure compliance. Double check with your employer if you have any questions.
Articles in this section
- What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
- How much can I contribute to an FSA?
- What can I use my FSA funds for?
- How is my FSA funded?
- What does it mean to substantiate an expense?
- What are employer FSA substantiation requirements?
- How can I make sure my FSA expense is not declined?
- How can I use my FSA for Qualified Expenses?
- Is an FSA tax-free?
- Who can enroll in an FSA?