Employers are required to substantiate all employee FSA expenses to comply with IRS rules and regulations. Understanding FSA substantiation and documentation requirements ensures employees’ medical expenses are approved accurately and expediently.
Articles in this section
- What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
- How much can I contribute to an FSA?
- What can I use my FSA funds for?
- How is my FSA funded?
- What does it mean to substantiate an expense?
- What are employer FSA substantiation requirements?
- How can I make sure my FSA expense is not declined?
- How can I use my FSA for Qualified Expenses?
- Is an FSA tax-free?
- Who can enroll in an FSA?