Employees can use FSA funds to pay for any medical related expenses like copays, deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs. See full list here. Unlike a Health Savings Account, the full FSA fund amount is available for use on the first day of the plan year, rather than accumulating throughout the year.
Articles in this section
- What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
- How much can I contribute to an FSA?
- What can I use my FSA funds for?
- How is my FSA funded?
- What does it mean to substantiate an expense?
- What are employer FSA substantiation requirements?
- How can I make sure my FSA expense is not declined?
- How can I use my FSA for Qualified Expenses?
- Is an FSA tax-free?
- Who can enroll in an FSA?