This depends on the existing custodian/provider. The typical time is 2-6 weeks. The reason for the timing is that it takes different providers varying times to process a rollover/transfer request. In certain cases where larger employers are looking to bulk move their employees’ funds, that may be possible, but it is rare.
Articles in this section
- What is an HSA?
- How Does an HSA Work?
- What are the benefits of an HSA?
- What are the requirements of an HSA? Am I eligible?
- What are the tax implications of investing my HSA funds?
- What designates a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan?
- Do I have to get an HSA if I am on a High Deductible Health Plan?
- How does money get into my HSA account?
- How can I get an HSA?
- If I have a family, can I still have an HSA?