No, you don’t, however you could be missing out on significant tax-savings. There is no requirement that anyone with a qualifying HDHP has to also have an HSA. If an individual wants to use pre-tax funds for a qualified medical expense, then the HSA must be established prior to such an expense being incurred.
Articles in this section
- What is an HSA?
- How Does an HSA Work?
- What are the benefits of an HSA?
- What are the requirements of an HSA? Am I eligible?
- What designates a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan?
- Do I have to get an HSA if I am on a High Deductible Health Plan?
- How does money get into my HSA account?
- How can I get an HSA?
- If I have a family, can I still have an HSA?
- Can I have a joint-HSA with my spouse?