No, you must have a cash balance in your Lively HSA account to use your HSA debit card and to reimburse yourself for qualified medical expenses. If you need to access funds from your HSA, please be sure to liquidate any investments and the transfer money back into your Lively HSA. Note – there could be fees associated with liquidating your investments too soon. Be sure to read about any trading and investment fees that may be applicable and be sure to consult with your financial planner/professional for investment advice.Updated:
Other articles in this section:
- How come I can’t add my debit card to my phone’s mobile wallet?
- What happens if I submit a payment for an amount greater than my available HSA funds?
- Is my investment balance available for debit card purchases?
- My debit card is not working. What do I do?
- How long does it take to receive my debit card(s)?
- How do I activate my debit card?
- How can I spend my HSA money?
- Is there a daily limit on how much I can spend on my Lively debit card?
- Can I have multiple debit cards for my account?
- Are there limitations on what I can spend using my HSA?