There is no timeframe in which you need to do this. You can pay out-of-pocket for an expense today and reimburse yourself 20 years later if you choose to do so. The only requirements are that you had your HSA established at the time the expense was incurred and such expense was not reimbursed in any other way. And remember, hold onto your receipts!
Articles in this section
- What is an HSA?
- How Does an HSA Work?
- What are the benefits of an HSA?
- What are the requirements of an HSA? Am I eligible?
- What designates a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan?
- Do I have to get an HSA if I am on a High Deductible Health Plan?
- How does money get into my HSA account?
- How can I get an HSA?
- If I have a family, can I still have an HSA?
- Can I have a joint-HSA with my spouse?