You cannot open and continue making contributions to an HSA if you have enrolled in Medicare Part A or Part B, however if you have established an HSA prior to such event, you can continuing to make distributions. If you do enroll in Part A or Part B, you will lose eligibility to contribute in the first day in the month that you turn 65.
Articles in this section
- What is an HSA?
- How Does an HSA Work?
- What are the benefits of an HSA?
- What are the requirements of an HSA? Am I eligible?
- What designates a qualifying High Deductible Health Plan?
- Do I have to get an HSA if I am on a High Deductible Health Plan?
- How does money get into my HSA account?
- How can I get an HSA?
- If I have a family, can I still have an HSA?
- Can I have a joint-HSA with my spouse?