What is Eligibility Scanner?
Eligibility Scanner is a feature on the Lively mobile app that allows you to scan the barcode of an individual product to instantaneously determine whether or not it can be purchased or reimbursed with your HSA or General Purpose FSA (GPFSA) funds.
How does Eligibility Scanner work?
Eligibility Scanner checks whether or not a product is eligible against the Eligible Product List from a third party non-profit group called SIGIS (Special Interest Group for IIAS Standards). This list consists of eligible medical expenses under IRS Section 213(d).
Does Lively share my information with SIGIS?
Lively does not share or store any of your personal information with SIGIS.
How do I get started with Eligibility Scanner?
- Open the Lively mobile app, and navigate to the top-left menu, where you will find “Eligibility Scanner” as an option.
- Accept the terms and conditions to use Eligibility Scanner, and grant the Lively app permission to use your device’s camera if you have not yet done so.
- Clearly position the barcode of the product you want to check the eligibility of in the view of your camera. Your mobile device should automatically scan the barcode.
- Once scanned, Eligibility Scanner will display results that indicate whether or not a product may be eligible to purchase or reimburse with your HSA or GPFSA funds.
- From the Scan Results page, you can tap “Done” to go back to the Lively mobile app home screen, or tap “View Eligible Expenses” to learn more about what’s covered.
Is there a limit on how many times I can scan with Eligibility Scanner?
You are able to use Eligibility Scanner to scan up to 100 times per month. This limit resets on the 1st of every month. Please note, this limit is not set by Lively, and is, therefore, not within our control to reset for account holders who have exceeded it.
I’m receiving an inconclusive scan result. Is there another way I can confirm product eligibility?
We recommend checking out Lively’s What’s Eligible page, or checking the itemized deduction of qualified expenses under your HSA or GPFSA in IRS Publication 502.
My scan results say I need to attach a Letter of Medical Necessity with my reimbursement. How do I access this document?
You can access a template of the Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN) from here, or by navigating to the Documents page through your Lively account dashboard.
Learn more about Letters of Medical Necessity.